I thought I start blogging again, since my life has changed so much since 2009. In 2010 my status changed from 'Single' to 'Married', got an apartment together with Rog and started our little family life as Mommy and Daddy of Arthur :) And now that we are gonna have even more changes, I thought it will be a good idea to write down all these memories in the making.
 |
| My first baby, Arthur |
After I got hitched, I went off on a girlie trip with YY to Turkey. I know its a bit odd, leaving my brand new husband at home and going off with my besties but the trip was planned before we even decided to get married. And he didn't have much time off from work. Turkey was such an eye opening trip. So many interesting places and that's got to be another post in the future.
 |
| Celsus Library in Ephesus |
We had our first house hunting experience in 40 degrees heat of the sandpit. We figured that since it was our first pad together, we wanted to stay in a really nice place at Down town Burj Dubai. We found a great one bedroom apartment in Oldtown, Miska. It was such a beautiful place and I loved everything about living there.
 |
| The balcony that we loved |
In September we went home for 3 days just to introduce Rog to my Grandmothers, Aunts, Uncles and Cousins. My mom managed to organise a dinner party for 40 people over night.
We made another trip to South Africa in November to search for the venue for our Wedding for 7th April 2011. We also took a trip down the Garden Route with my sister in tow. We had such a great time just stopping by beaches, visiting animal sanctuaries, wine and dine at some of the best restaurants and stayed at the cutest B&Bs like
MoonTide.
 |
| Garden Route SA |
 |
| Drunken Paddle boat ride |
We found the perfect venue for our wedding,
Palmiet Valley Estate in Paarl. It has the most beautiful gardens for my dream picnic wedding and a little thatched roofed Chapel for the ceremony and it was a vineyard just like how Rog wanted.
17th December 2010 was a pretty special day for us. Growing up as a lame kid, I've never been to a concert. So for the first time in my life, I went to a Bryan Adams concert at World Trade Centre Dubai. And while we were slow dancing to a very romantic song, Rog slipped on my ring on my finger. I was the happiest girl in the crowd for sure!
Before the trip we had to house hunt again and moved to a 2 bedroom apartment in what I call the suburbs of Dubai. In November we adopted an itty bitty kitty from a friend of mine who works with abandoned/stray animals in Dubai. Rog named him Legion after a game character.
 |
| Legion and his Daddy |
The first few days there were a lot of growling between Arthur and Legion. Mostly from Legion because Arthur was just so curious about that little man. But it didn't take long for them to fall in love with each other. Now they are just inseparable. Arthur is so protective of Legion, if Rog ever raises his voice at Legion, Arthur will be there by his side. Its so adorable.
So thats pretty much the gist of the past 2 years.Next post will be all about the little special addition :)
No comments:
Post a Comment