Our babymoon + birthday trip I planned during Rog's annual leave this month didn't materialized. I decided not to get too upset about it, I admit I had a good cry when I realized I won't be getting my passport in time for the trip. The staff at Anantara Si Kao were really nice and allowed us to cancel our booking without any questions asked. But the good news is that the case against Rog has be closed since the other party drop the charges and soon enough, I will get my passport back. And even better news is that Rog has a couple of "strings of days off" on his next month roster. If he manages to swap his flight for a day before, we will be able to go on that trip after all. *fingers crossed*
This week has been pretty eventful. It is so nice to have him home for more than 2-3 days in a row. I might get sick of him soon tho. We celebrated our 2nd year Anniversary on the 19th. The day started off with breakfast in bed prepared by "the best husband in the world", a surprise flower delivery and ended with dinner at Nobu at Atlantis, The Palm Jumeirah.
 |
| Flowers for me |
 |
| The boy at Dinner |
 |
| Mochi Ice Cream |
 |
| 2 years baby! |
On Wednesday, we went to Emirates Aviation College for Patrick's Purser Graduation. I think the last time I was at a graduation party was when Rog graduated as SFS with his parents visiting us. The ceremony was long as usual with Terry Daly brainwashing the abinitios. Nothing new there. But we had Ruby to entertain us AND almost everyone else there.
 |
| Two Cuties |
 |
| Ruby |
 |
| Pat accepting his Certificate |
After the ceremony we head over to our favorite restaurant Al Fresco at Crown Plaza for dinner and the boy's birthday celebration. I felt bad that we didn't have a big party for Rog this year. Last year we were lucky enough to have a flight together to Mauritius and we had a party with the crew on a Catamaran. This year he said he just wants to keep it low key. I think he is not loving how close he is to the big Three-O.
 |
| Last year's birthday |
 |
| Fun Crew on our Flight |
 |
| my attempted surprise cake |
 |
| This year's mellow celebration dinner |
I want to remind myself that the next few days will be the only days for the 2 of us to spend quality time together and I must try to make the best of it. We are not in the ideal situation but at least we have each other and that's good enough for me. As his wife, I should always try and take his worries away and reassure him now and then that everything will work out for the best and we must try to be positive all the time.
No comments:
Post a Comment