Sunday, May 20, 2012

Coco

On 13th December 2011, I woke up with this strange feeling. I had to be up and ready to have a meeting with my manager. Rog was in Dhaka and I won't see him till I get back from my Singapore-Colombo flight. But I couldn't resist my curiosity, so I went ahead and took the test and it was POSITIVE! After months of irregular cycles and taking tests to check whats going on, this was somewhat a relief for me.
I went on my flight dying to share the news but I didn't want to tell Rog through BBM. When I was at the hotel, YY came to see me and I shared the news with her first. She is my best friend and I just couldn't contain myself. She was happy for me but half expecting it. And later on Linda came by with home made dinner for me. We ordered room service as well and we all ate on the bed. Y left soon after and before we fell asleep, I told Linda the news. She screamed and was super excited.
I started thinking of ways to tell Rog. Then I had this idea to buy the book Idiot's Guide to Parenting. Linda thinks it would be cute too.
The next day I met my sister for Lunch to collect the iPad that I bought for Rog as a (very) late Anniversary gift. I didn't share the news with her because I wanted to tell Rog before telling our family. So from Lunch I went searching for the book which proved to be really hard to find. But right before I gave up, I found "Dad's Guide to Pregnancy for Dummies" which was perfect!
I landed back in Dubai at 4:30 in the morning. Rog was there to pick me up from work expecting his iPad. I gave it to him as soon as we get home (which later I found it was a mistake!) and while he was busy fiddling with his new toy, I went ahead and took another test just to be sure. Then I went up to him with his book and the test in my hands behind my back, demand for his FULL attention and gave them to him. He was in shock for a little while and then he said "Its the best Christmas gift baby" which was really sweet!
Here she is at 12 weeks. We didn't know whether it was Coco or Logan at this moment. I had my first scan on 26th December and that's when I heard her heart beating like a Jungle Drum. That night whenever we closed our eyes, we heard the heartbeat and freaked us out a little bit about the future. My first trimester was spent running to the bathroom at least 3-5 times a day. But I was all better by the 14th week. At my 17th week scan we found out it was a girl. I was so happy I won the bet and dinner at Al Fresco! 22nd week scan was for Fetal Anatomy and she gave us a "high five!" which was so cute! By April we had a crib set up in the room and quite a collection of clothes for her.
Now I am my 26th week. Feeling great and can't wait for her to come out and play! I've gained nearly 9kgs and no stretch marks so far! I hope it stays that way. Today Rog is painting her room while I am painting her clothe hangers PINK! I will update again when its all done up :)

2 comments:

  1. This is so fun to read about and love all of your adventures. We have friends that moved near us and they are from South Africa. Too cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jill. I wish I live in SA instead of Dubai. Its so beautiful there.

    ReplyDelete